The parties to this Agreement (the "Parties") are the policyholder, or prospective policyholder, ("Policyholder" or "you") and Government Employees Insurance Company, GEICO General Insurance Company, GEICO Indemnity Company, GEICO Casualty Company, GEICO Advantage Insurance Company, GEICO Choice Insurance Company, GEICO Secure Insurance Company, and GEICO County Mutual Insurance Company (collectively "GEICO" or "we"), who agree as follows:
1. You agree to have GEICO electronically deliver to you documents, records, and information ("Documents") if you have signed up for Paperless Policy, and/or billing statements ("Bills") if you have signed up for Paperless Billing, until such time as either party modifies or cancels this Agreement. You will receive these electronic Documents and/or Bills instead of paper documents.
2. You will receive an email when the Documents and/or Bills are available and you can view them by logging into service.geico.com with your password.
3. We may issue some notices or documents by print mail and not by electronic delivery. Examples of such documents are cancellation notices, and in some states, ID cards.
4. At any time while this Agreement is effective, you may obtain a paper copy of a particular Document or Bill at no charge by calling GEICO at 1-800-841-3000 and requesting a copy.
5. You may terminate this Agreement at any time by changing your delivery preferences online. After the termination is processed by us, which may take up to ten (10) days, all future Documents or Bills, as the case may be, will be provided to you in paper form. Termination of this Agreement shall not affect the legal enforceability of Documents or Bills provided to you before the effective date of the cancellation.
6. You may update your information, such as change your email address, at any time by accessing Personal Information at service.geico.com.
7. To access the site and obtain Documents or Bills electronically, you will need access to the World Wide Web (Internet) and a security-enabled web browser, with 128-bit encryption installed such as Chrome 35+, Firefox 30+, Safari 7+, or Internet Explorer 8+. The information you send to us is encrypted. We use an industry standard Secure Socket Layer to allow for encryption of sensitive personal information such as name, address, credit card, or bank account information you have been requested to provide online. You will also need an email address, as well as Adobe Acrobat ReaderÂ® that can be downloaded directly from our website if you do not have it on your computer. You will need a printer if you wish to print out your documents.
8. You are responsible for accessing, opening, and reading your Documents or Bills. When you enroll in Paperless Policy, your contract will remain available as long as the policy is in force. Any endorsements or amendments to your policy contract and/or Bills will be retained for your current policy term and one prior policy term. While they're available online, you can print your policy documents or save them to your computer for any future access. Electronic Documents and Bills have the same legal effect as printed ones. If you cannot access or read any Documents or Bills, you must contact GEICO.
9. GEICO may amend the terms of this Agreement at any time by providing notice to you of the amendments. If you do not agree with the terms of the amendment, you can terminate this Agreement as described in section 5.
10. GEICO does not warrant that the delivery of electronic Documents and Bills will be uninterrupted or error free. We are not liable for: any loss or damage arising from problems with your equipment or your telecommunications provider; your failure to meet your responsibilities as outlined herein; or any equipment problems or other occurrences beyond our reasonable control.
11. By accepting this Agreement you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. This Agreement is effective when we electronically receive your acceptance.